It’s hard to believe that my beautiful little girl turned 6 years old today.
It was a good day. 🙂
Just for fun, I thought I’d ask her a few questions, inspired by this birthday interview here.
- Maya, how old are you today? 6
- How does it feel to be 6? I feel old. Like I should be in first grade, but I’m only in Kindergarten.
- How was your day? Good.
- What was the weather like? Sunny.
- What do you think is the most important thing you’ve learned in life so far? Math. And sorting things by size and color.
- How do you think you’re different from a year ago? I feel older.
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself? My heart. Because it’s red and it pumps blood to make you healthy.
- You’ve been in school for two weeks now. What do you think of it so far? I think it’s fun because you can make friends there. I have lots of new friends so far.
- Who’s your best friend? Autumn
- What do you like learning about? I like learning about trees, flowers, bees, trucks, and elephants.
- Is there anything you’d do to improve your educational experience? What does that mean?
- Tell me about our family. Our family is important because they take care of me and bring me to special places like a restaurant or the carnival.
- What do you like about having a sister? It’s fun. When I didn’t have a sister, it wasn’t much fun to play by myself, but now that I do have a sister, I can play with my sister on the playground.
- Did we take any vacations this year? To Jamaica, Texas, and New York. (Note: We went to Jamaica in September of 2008. Two years ago.)
- In the past year, what have been some of your favorite books, movies, and music? My favorite music is Lady Gaga. My favorite movie is The Princess and the Frog. My favorite book is the Princess Tiana Tag book.
- What’s your favorite TV show? I forgot!
- Okay, do you remember what you watched last night? America’s Funniest Home Videos and Extreme Home Makeover.
- If you had a whole day to do anything you wanted, what would you do? I’d play outside all day if you let me.
- What’s your favorite toy to play with? My playground.
- What’s your favorite part of your playground? My glider.
Maura, who had been upstairs having a little temper tantrum up until now, had to chime in here: My favorite is going on the swing!
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A doctor.
Little sis: Me too!
- What kind of doctor? A nurse. (Her grandma is a nurse; that may be where this comes from!)
- Do you think you’ll ever get married? I don’t know. I probably will.
Little sis: I’m going to get married!
- How old do you think you’ll be when you get married? 80.
- What have you learned about boys this year? Boys do weird stuff. And they steal from girls. Jack stole my Silly Band.
- What’s your favorite food? Macaroni & cheese and pizza. Cheese and pepperoni.
Little sis: I like macaroni & cheese.
- And your favorite candy? Lollipops.
Little sis: I like lollipops, too!
- Anything you’re scared of? Monsters.
Little sis: I’m scared of monsters, too!
- Anything else you’d like to say? No, thank you.
- Can you think of any questions I should have asked but didn’t? You should have asked what my favorite dessert is.
- So what’s your favorite dessert? Strawberry cake (she means red velvet) and blueberry muffins.
Little sis: I like muffins!
- Anything else? I think that’s it.
So that’s going to be all then. Happy birthday, Maya!
Little sis: And me too!
Tamara Monosoff says
Thank you for sharing this interview with Maya. I loved it!!! What a great idea. I have two daughters ages 8 & 6 and love hearing what they have to say too!
Tamara Monosoff´s last blog post ..Hear What People Are Saying About Your Million Dollar Dream!
Lauralee Hensley says
Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday times six to you Maya.
I think you give an awesome interview. I think you should be interviewed by the newspapers and TV you did so well.
You’ll be a great doctor nurse when you grow up because you’re very personable. You’ll have a great bedside manner
I’m sure, because I think you really like people.
Super CUTE! (Her and her lil’ sis.)
What a fun new tradition. I wonder what my tot would say when she turns two in a couple weeks. 😉
Happy Birthday Maya. She is too cute. I loved reading the interview 🙂
Happy birthday to Maya! Her responses were so cute. Loved reading this post.
I love it! My favorite part is how she won’t get married till she is 80.
I have to try to remember to do this for Kristopher next b-day. Maybe I’ll do it anyway tonight since his hasn’t been that long ago.
I can’t believe they are 6 already! Happy Birthday Maya!
Michelle´s last blog post ..The library
emily e says
How cute! Happy belated Birthday!
What a great interview! I hope her birthday was fantastic!
Aww Happy Birthday Maya!
Annie Y says
Happy Birthday Maya!
Annie Y´s last blog post ..Wordless Wednesday – Brothers
Nice interview. It will be fun to look back on it. Happy Birthday Maya.
Happy Birthday little one!
I was a “exactly what my sister said” kinda sister too! She even told me what my favorite color was when I was a kid. 🙂 I loved the interview.
Thanks for sharing!
Tami´s last blog post ..I need some answers
Patty@NYC Girl at Heart says
I love this interview! Happy Belated Birthday to her!
Debra @ A Frugal Friend says
Love it….I just made a scrapbook of an interview I did with my daughter….too funny at age 3. I did one with my nephew at the same age (all questions about his mommmy for a mothers day gift). Love kids! 🙂
Debra @ A Frugal Friend´s last blog post ..Sept 25th- Giveaway Time Link up your Giveaways
Backyard Safari says
What an adorable idea! I love her answers. It’s always so neat to see what kids are thinking.
“If you had a whole day to do anything you wanted, what would you do? I’d play outside all day if you let me.” Can’t beat that!
Thanks for sharing.
Martha S. says
I love this! I found this entry while googling “birthday interview” because I’d like to do one with my kids (turning 5 and 3) on their birthdays in February! Thanks for a great template to use!