Have you noticed the Beauty Tip of the Day widget in my sidebar? Updated daily, it’s a great source for advice on everything from skincare to haircare. You can also print coupons and sign up for samples of your favorite Unilever products (hint: click on the ‘Bonus’ button!).
Though I was sent a selection of Unilever products to sample recently, I’ve been using all these brands for a long time.
- Pond’s: I remember when I was a little, watching my grandma apply Pond’s cold cream to her face every night. She’s always had the softest skin, so it’s been one of those beauty tips that has stuck with me. The cleansing towelettes are a modern twist on the classic cold cream.
- Vaseline: I use Vaseline petroleum jelly for everything! Diaper rash ointment, lip balm, moisturizer, makeup remover, etc. I always have a little container of it in my purse, and a jumbo-sized one in the nursery.
- Dove: The Beauty Bars are my favorite product, but I also use their body washes, shampoo, and deodorant.
- Q-tips: I like the new vanity box. Not a huge change, but prettifying the packaging is always a nice touch!
Some of my favorite tips from the Beauty Tip of the Day widget are the haircare recommendations, since my hair is a mess more often than not! A few highlights:
- When hair is wet, use a wide-tooth comb to detangle hair.
- Style with a natural boar bristle brush which is gentle on hair and less likely to cause breakage.
- Try switching the side you part your hair – it is an easy way to add volume and make hair look fuller.
- Loose, wavy hair is a hot trend. To create the laid back style of loose waves; disperse Dove Curl & Sculpt Defining Mousse through hair and braid into sections. When hair is dry, undo the braids and finger comb through it for a free, effortless look.
- Blow dry hair outside of the bathroom. Steam from the shower creates humidity, which leads to frizz.
- If you have flyaway hair strands, use an extra toothbrush to tame them. Dab Dove Frizz Control Therapy Taming Cream on the brush and smooth through problem areas.
Unilever is providing one of my readers with a box of goodies! Though the exact contents of the box will be a surprise, I can tell you that it will be a product assortment similar to that one that I received, featuring products from Vaseline, Pond’s, Dove and Q-tips. It’s a very useful prize, valued at $30! To enter, please explore the Beauty Tip of the Day widget in my sidebar, and leave a comment telling me about a tip you learned.
For extra entries:
- Subscribe to my feed (or let me know if you already do).
- Follow me on Twitter (@OhMariana) and tweet about this giveaway: Enter to win a box of Unilever goodies from @ohMariana (Dove, Pond’s Q-tips, Vaseline – valued at $30) https://bit.ly/3QSSq0
- Grab my button (at the bottom of the page) and link to me in your sidebar or blog roll.
- Become a fan of Riding With No Hands on Facebook and share this with your friends!
Contest ends: November 12th, 2009 11:59 pm EST. US and Canada entries only. Leave a separate comment for each entry & a valid email address/blog URL. Winner, chosen at random, has 3 days to claim their prize.
Written as part of a campaign for Unilever, who supplied the product for review and giveaway. Other than an assortment of product samples, no compensation was received for this post.