I have a ton of chicken in the freezer that I’ve found on sale so that’s the reason for so much of it this week. Otherwise I usually try to balance it out – 2 nights chicken, 2 nights meat, 1 night fish, 1 night pork, or something like that. Hubby would eat a big juicy steak every night if it were up to him!
I got this recipe for chicken & biscuits from Kraft’s Food & Family Magazine. You can print the original recipe off of the website; I change it up just a little bit to make it more figure-friendly.
- 1 can low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken, seasoned with S&P, thyme, whatever you have on hand (I like to shred it)
- 1 package (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded(the sharper, the better)
- 3 Tbsp. low-fat milk or Half-and-Half
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix (I use Bisquick – great coupon in last Sunday’s ads)
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF. Mix soup and 1/2 cup sour cream in a big baking dish (I use a 2-quart). Stir in chicken, vegetables and cheese.
- Stir milk and remaining sour cream into baking mix. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls into 6 mounds on top of chicken mixture. Make sure to not make the dollops of the biscuit mixture too big or they won’t cook through. If you use a regular tablespoon they come out just right.
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
Hi! Found you on twitter…will follow, but had to say Hi and I’m in the DC area too!
ScaryMoms last blog post..Trying to Let it Go on Tuesdays
I love the Kraft magazine, one of my favorite desserts comes from there!
We came home from a field trip yesterday with a ton of veggies. So I haven’t done my menu plan yet, but it will involve beans, parsley and root veggies.
kayriss last blog post..Preschool Milestone: The First Field Trip
Thanks for the recipe! I try to plan dinners as much as possible too – it always makes things so much easier. I get it from my mom – she makes lists and then saves them, so at this point she could look back and tell you what she served for dinner on this date 10 years ago, lol.
Chrissys last blog post..Wordless Wednesday: Taking Time to Look Up