Don’t you wish that dinner could just make itself sometimes? Your evenings are likely filled with helping your kids with homework and other after-school activities, so finding ways to make a quick and easy dinner is a must! With Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits, you can make a variety of delicous recipes, ready in under 30 minutes. Twists on classic family favorites like pizza, chicken pot pie, grilled cheese sandwiches, and more!
We made Grands! Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for dinner and they turned out yummy. I would never have thought to make biscuits on the stovetop… what a fun twist on the classic grilled cheese! All you need for these sandwiches is 3 simple ingredients, two of which you probably always have on hand.
Grands! Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 slices (2/3 oz each) American cheese
1. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press or roll each to form 5 1/2-inch round. (I used a rolling pin to make it easy!)
2. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add biscuit rounds, a few at a time; cook 3 minutes. Turn; cook about 3 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Remove from skillet.
3. Place 2 slices of cheese on each of 4 biscuit rounds. Top with remaining biscuit rounds.
4. Return to skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn; cook about 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
5. That’s it! This makes 4 servings.
While the biscuits were cooking, the kitchen smelled like pancakes. Mmmmm! These took maybe 10-15 minutes to make? If only helping your kids with their homework was this easy! The girls had their sandwiches with grapes, and I had a cup of tomato soup with mine. Perfect for dipping! The great thing about grilled cheese sandwiches is how versatile they are! Switch up the cheeses. Add a slice of turkey or ham for a little more protein. Add eggs, and you have a yummy breakfast sandwich. Make them your own!
Next up, I’m going to try making Grands! Chicken Pot Pie Puffs, as the chilly fall weather is perfect for baking! Take a look at the recipe booklet and let me know which recipe you’re most excited to try!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills. Compensation was provided by General Mills via Clever Girls Collective.
Debra @ A Frugal Friend says
How cool is that…….I never would have thought to use them that way either!!
Debra @ A Frugal Friend´s last blog post ..Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie Toy – Now $10.98 (Reg $29)