- Maya’s birthday was over the weekend, and we celebrated like crazy! It started with Walking With Dinosaurs on Saturday morning (review coming soon) and culminated with cake and presents on Sunday night, with tons of fun in between.
- If you’re a blogger and are interested in being featured on An Island Life, please let me know! I write the column every week. You can leave a comment here, and I’ll get back to you, or email me directly. Kailani has a huge audience and more than 1800 subscribers, so it’s good publicity for your blog. I’d love to know more about my readers, too!
- Actress and Emmy presenter Kate Walsh (“Private Practice”) put America in the stylists’ shoes and asked them to choose her hairstyle for the Emmys Sunday night – and the Modern Bob WON! Suave celebrity hair stylist Luke O’Connor created Kate’s winning hair for her red carpet strut. Kate paired her high end fashion with affordable finds like Suave Professionals, which are salon-proven to work as well as salon brands. Modern Bob – Get the Look!
- Begin with Vibrant Shine shampoo and conditioner from Suave Professionals to restore shine and luster to dull hair.
- Next, blow dry hair in sections with a large round brush.
- For the side-swept bangs, take the front section and blow-dry back with a large round brush, swooping to the side.
- Finally, apply a dollop of Suave Professionals Sleek Anti-Frizz Cream. Apply first to ends and work your way up to control fly-aways.
- Finish the look with Suave Professionals Extra Hold Hairspray.
- Audrey from Mom Generations writes about 5 shoes you should have in your closet.
- Catching up on my blog reading, I found Tara’s secret to the best homemade pizza from last month.
- The hardest part of starting a blog is thinking of a name and finding a corresponding domain. Smashing Magazine compiled a very helpful 10 Tools For Finding, Registering And Managing Domain Names.
- I’ve been looking for inspiration to dust off my Nikon D40 and start taking photos as often as I used to. I may have just found the inspiration I need at Digital Photography School, with 7 Photography Projects to Jumpstart your Creativity.
- For the very first time, LittleMissMatched is giving customers the chance to choose a pack of socks EXACTLY the way they want it. You can now choose from best sellers and the new fall line to create your very own, personalized 3-pack of socks. Now you can really go crazy with your creativity!
Thanks for sharing the link to the NFL contest. I’m going to go win me some slippers!
.-= Theo´s last blog ..Oct 11 – NFC Game of the Week Bucs @ Eagles =-.