What’s buzzing on the web this week? Every Sunday, I’ll post a Mr. Linky, asking you to share your favorite posts. I’ll also share some of my finds, of course!
App of the Week
- Angry Birds, the popular mobile app, has just launched a Halloween version for the iPhone and iPad. Fun! I just wish it didn’t cost extra, since I already doled out 5 bucks for the original.
- Promo Codes: What are they and how do they work? at Moms With Apps. Good tip: “Follow the app developer on Facebook and Twitter so you’ll be informed of promo code giveaways and free app offers…”
- Easy content scheduling for bloggers at ProBlogger, including an example of a color-coded Google Doc. I’m totally borrowing the idea!
- Win a new blog design for your Blogger blog from the SITS Girls. Ends October 30.
- Marry your blog to your life… and watch it take off. Man, I wish my husband was this supportive!
- Sony has officially retired the cassette Walkman. I honestly didn’t even know they were still making them! I haven’t seen one in years.
- You don’t need a disc to stream Netflix movies on the Wii or PlayStation 3 anymore! Now you just have to download an app. You do have to have a Netflix subscription, of course. If you’d like a free 1-month trial, leave a comment here and I’ll email you a code.
- The new MacBook Air was just released this past week. There are two options – a 13.3-inch model and an 11.6-inch, similar in size to an iPad. They start at $1299 and $999, respectively, and are available now.
- The HP Slate was also officially launched this week, though I’ve seen it being used on Project Runway for a while. It’ll set you back $799, but it has lots of features, including a USB port and two cameras. Will you be getting the HP Slate? I’m not even considering it… I’m happy with my iPad. 😉 Read more on Engadget.
Tis the Season
- Tara shares 10 handmade Christmas gifts you can make now at Feels Like Home.
- Lady Gaga reached 1 billion views on YouTube this morning. Which video is the most popular? The Fame, Part One, with almost 6 million views alone. I like Gaga and all, but I don’t think I’ve ever even watched a video of hers online. So I guess I’m part of the minority…
Wow! I love this post and thanks so much for the link love! You are pretty darn awesome. Oh, and Angry Birds should come with a warning that it’s highly addictive and could take you away from important things like house cleaning, sleeping, or feeding your children! LOVE that game!!
Cathy, I have you and Robyn to blame for my lack of productivity, after you both recommended Angry Birds to me. Even my daughters are addicted to it now!